Faculty & Staff
Narasimha Rao Vajjhala
Assistant Professor & Chair, Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Management in Organizational Leadership (Information Systems and Technology), US
Dr. Narasimha Rao Vajjhala. is an Assistant Professor and Co-Chair of Computer Science and Software Engineering at the School of Information Technology and Computing, American University of Nigeria. Dr. Vajjhala has over 15 years of teaching experience teaching at different universities in different countries, including Albania, Somalia, and India. Dr. Vajjhala holds a Doctorate of Management in Organizational Leadership with specialization in Information Systems and Technology (United States); holds a Master of Business Administration with specialization in Information Systems (Switzerland), and a Master of Science in Computer Applications (India).
Dr. Vajjhala has published 2 books (monographs), 5 peer-reviewed book chapters, and 20 peered-reviewed journal articles/refereed conference proceedings. He has worked for 10 years as an Assistant Professor and Program Director for the Graduate Program in Computer Science at the University of New York Tirana in Albania and was awarded the Best Professor of the Year award in 2012. He is also a certified eCommerce consultant, having completed this course from the College of Management and IT, Dublin, Ireland. He holds several professional certifications including Project Management Professional (PMP), Oracle Certified SQL Expert, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Sun Certified Java Professional (SJCP), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). He holds a certificate on Effective Online Tutoring from the Department of Continuing Education, Oxford University, United Kingdom.
- SEN 301 Introduction to Software Engineering
- CIE 105 Principles of Programming - I
- SEN 306 Object Oriented Software Construction
- CSC 202 Data Structures and Algorithms
- .NET (Windows and Web Application Development Workshops) (Every Friday)
- Big Data Analytics
- Technology Acceptance
- Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Sharing & Impact of Culture
- Knowledge Sharing in Small & Medium Scale Enterprises in Eastern Europe
- Management of Information Systems
- eCommerce & eBusiness
- Senior Member of ACM - Association for Computing Machinery (since 2012). (http://awards.acm.org/homepage.cfm?awd=159 )
- Member of PMI – Project Management Institute
- Member of IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Member of AIS – Association for Information Systems
- Member of IAMCT – International Association of Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Member of ISACA – ISACA Academic Advocate
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management (IJRCM). http://www.irma-international.org/journal/international-journal-risk-contingency-management/53135/
- Editorial Board Member - Journal for Information Systems Education
- Technical Editor for International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology and Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences (http://www.aicitglobal.org/ijact/home/editorial.html?jname=IJACT )
- Associate Editor for SCICON: The International Association of Science & Engineering Congress (http://www.scicon.org/colleagues.html )
- Associate Editor for Lecture Notes in Information Science and Technology journal, LNIST, ISSN 2304-9944, Open Research and Science Library (http://www.orslib.org/lnist/editorialboard.html).
- Member of Advisory Board for Journal of Information Systems and Communication (http://www.bioinfopublication.org/journal.php?opt=azjou&jouid=BPJ0000271&detail=editorial )
- Reviewer for International Journal of Social Network Mining.
- Reviewer for International Journal of Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility (IJSECSR)
- Reviewer for Scientia Agriculturae Bohemica
- Reviewer for Journal of New Mathematics and Natural Computation
BOOK – MONOGRAPH
- Vajjhala, N.R., (2014), Cultural Factors and Knowledge Sharing in SMEs. Scholars’ Press, ISBN: 978-3-639-71841-6, June 2014. Link: https://www.scholars-press.com/catalog/details//store/gb/book/978-3-639-71841-6/cultural-factors-and-knowledge-sharing-in-smes
- Vajjhala, N. R., (2012), Benchmarking IT Policies and Procedures in Universities- Case of Albanian Universities, Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 9783846586631, February 2012. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Benchmarking-Policies-Procedures-Universities-Albanian/dp/3846586633
PEER-REVIEWED BOOK CHAPTERS
- Biba, M., Vajjhala, N. R. & Nishani, L. (2016). Visual Data Mining For Collaborative Filtering: A State-of-the-art Survey. Collaborative Filtering Using Data Mining and Analysis. 217-235. IGI Publications. ISBN: 9781522504894.DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0489-4.ch012
- Vajjhala, N. R., (2016). Communities of Practice in Transition Economies. Organizational Knowledge Facilitation through Communities of Practice in Emerging Markets, NY: IGI Global. ISBN: 9781522500131. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0013-1. Link: http://www.igi-global.com/book/organizational-knowledge-facilitation-through-communities/141943
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2015). Constructivist Grounded Theory Applied to a Culture Study. Palgrave handbook of research design in business and management. NY: Palgrave-Macmillan. Link: http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/the-palgrave-handbook-of-research-design-in-business-and-management-kenneth-d-strang/?K=9781137379924
- Strang, K. D., Brennan, L., Vajjhala, N. R. & Hahn, J. (2015). Gaps to Address in Future Research Design Practices. Palgrave handbook of research design in business and management. NY: Palgrave-Macmillan. Link: http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/the-palgrave-handbook-of-research-design-in-business-and-management-kenneth-d-strang/?K=9781137379924
- Vajjhala, N.R., (2013), Cyber Crime, Public and International Law in a Nutshell, Saarbrücker Verlag für Rechtswissenschaften, Germany, ISBN: 978-3-86194-120-0. Link: https://www.svr-verlag.de/catalog/details//store/de/book/978-3-86194-120-0/public-and-international-law-in-a-nutshell
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Ramollari, E. (2016). Big Data using Cloud Computing - Opportunities for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Social Sciences. Dubrovnik: Croatia.
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Vucetic, J. (2016). Strategic Knowledge Management in Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises in Transition Economies – Case of Albania. Proceedings of Management, Knowledge, and Learning & Technology, Innovation and Industrial Management Joint International Conference, Timisoara: Romania. ISSN 2232-3309. ISBN 978-961-6914-16-1
- Vajjhala, N. R., Strang, K.D., & Sun, Z. (2015). Statistical modeling and visualizing open big data using a terrorism case study. Proceedings of the Open Big Data Conference, Rome: Italy. IEEE. 489-496, DOI 10.1109/FiCloud.2015.15
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2015). Cultural Influence on use of Collaborative Technologies 2.0 in Transition Economies. 7th European Conference on Intellectual Capital ECIC 2015. Technical University of Cartagena, Cartagena, Spain. April 9-10, 2015. Link: http://academic-conferences.org/ecic/ecic2015/ecic15-timetable.htm
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2014). How multiculturalism impacts a transition economy? North County Diversity Conference, State University of New York Plattsburgh at Queensbury & SUNY Adirondack, June 19-20, 2014, New York, United States of America. Link: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/branchcampus/acc/unitydiversity.php
- Vajjhala N. R. & Hassan M. H. (2013). Barriers to Knowledge Sharing in Medium-Sized Enterprises in Transition Economies. Active Citizenship by Knowledge Management & Innovation. Proceedings of the Management, Knowledge and Learning International Conference. Zadar. Croatia. ISBN: 978-961-6914-02-4. Link: http://www.toknowpress.net/proceedings/978-961-6914-02-4/
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Rojba, G. (2012), Alternative Approaches to Knowledge Sharing within Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, Lublin, Poland, May 2012. Proceedings published in E-Book "Competences, Synergy, and International Competitiveness Influence on the Technology Innovation and Industrial Management". ISBN 978-83-7784-104-4. Link: http://www.tiim2012.umcs.pl/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TIIM_2012-Conference-Program.pdf
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Rojba, G. (2011), Role of Knowledge Sourcing in Albanian Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Management Knowledge and Learning International Conference, MakeLearn 2011, Celje, Slovenia. ISBN: 978-961-92486-3-8 Link: http://www.issbs.si/press/ISBN/978-961-92486-3-8/papers/ML11-56.pdf
- Biba, M., Ballhysa, E., Vajjhala N. R. & Raju, M. (2010).A Novel Structure Refining Algorithm for Statistical-Logical Models, 2010 International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems, CISIS,l Krakow, Poland, CISIS, IEEE. P. 116-123. Link: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.1109/CISIS.2010.86
- Strang, K.D. & Vajjhala, N.R. (2017). End user acceptance of enterprise technology: Which factors impact the behavior and outcome of young business people. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC). Vol. 29, Issue 3. Impact Factor (Thomson Reuters): 0.455. Link:
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Strang, K.D. (2016). Measuring Organizational-Fit through Socio-Cultural Behavior Big Data. Special Issue - Big Data Analytics and Intelligence. Journal of New Mathematics & Natural Computation. ISSN: 1793-0057.
- Vajjhala, N.R. & Ramollari, E. (2016), Big Data using cloud computing - Opportunities for small-and medium-sized enterprises. European Journal of Economics and Business Studies. 4(1). 129-137.
- Strang, K.D. & Vajjhala, N. R. (2015). Impact of socialized uncertainty on group decision making: An experiment with emerging executives. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management. Volume 4, Issue 2. IGI Publishers. ISSN: 2160-9624. Link: http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-risk-contingency-management/53135
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Baghurst, T. (2015). Influence of Cultural Factors on Knowledge Sharing in Medium-Sized Enterprises within Transition Economies. International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies, Volume 6, Issue 1. Inderscience Publishers. ISSN: 1743-8268. Link: http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijkms
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Strang, KD. (2014). Collaboration strategies for a transition economy: Measuring culture in Albania. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, Volume 21 Issue 1. Emerald. Impact Factor: 0.882. ISSN: 1352-7606. Link: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=1352-7606
- Vajjhala, N. R. & Vucetic, J. (2013). Key Barriers to Knowledge Sharing in Medium-Sized Enterprises in Transition Economies. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences, Volume 14, Issue 14. P. 90-98. ISSN: 2219-1933.
- Vajjhala N. R., Raju M & Rawat M. (2010). Cyber Ethics in Developing Countries: The Case of Albania. Journal of International Scientific Publications: Economy & Business, Volume 4 Issue 2, Issue Year: 2010. P. 4-13. ISSN: 1313-2555. Link: http://www.science-journals.eu/economy/4/ISP-EB-4-1.swf
- Vajjhala N. R. & Ballhysa E. (2009). Interrelation between Albania’s Emerging Economy and Enterprise Multi-Tier Applications. Journal of International Scientific Publications: Economy & Business, Volume 4 Issue 1, Issue Year: 2009. P. 95-103. ISSN: 1313-2555.
- Vajjhala N. R. (2007). 3D Graphics Tools for Java. Computer Graphics and Geometry Journal, Vol. 9 Issue 2, P. 64-80. Issue Year: 2007. ISSN: 1811-8992. Link: http://www.cgg-journal.com/2007-2/04.htm.
- Vajjhala, N. R. (2012), Product Review - Microsoft Project as a Risk Management Tool, International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 1(2), 54-57, DOI: 10.4018/ijrcm.2012040105, ISSN 2160-9624.