Faculty & Staff
Quaye Ago K MacGranaky
Associate Professor and Head of Department, Infomation Systems/Information Technology
Ph.D., University of South Carolina, Columbia, USA
Dr. MacGranak y Quay holds a Ph.D. in Management Information Systems from The University of South Carolina, Columbia (USA). Before coming to AUN, he was a faculty member in the Department of Computer Information Systems at Virginia State University. Prof Quaye also serves on the Governing body of the Data Protection Commission, Ghan, dealing with issues of personal data privacy.
- Principles of Information Systems
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Operating Systems Security
- Database Analysis and Design
- Project Management
- Database Security
- Introduction to Information Security and Assurance
IT Security, IT for Development, IT Applications in Organizations
Decision Sciences Institute, Data Processing Association
- Ago K. M. Quaye, Dynamics of Information Technology (IT) Successful Implementation in Developing Countries: A Nigerian Case Study with A. A. Adekoya, E, Eyob, Fidelis Ikem, E. O. Omojokun, A. O. Bada, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Spring 2005.
- Ago K. M. Quaye, Reengineering Higher Education: The Case of an African Institution with A. E, Eyob, Fidelis Ikem, International Journal of Innovation and Learning (IJIL), Vol. 2, No. 2, 2005
- Ago K. M. Quaye, Information Technology Training for Under-Represented Minority Teachers and Students with E, Eyob, and Emmanuel O. Omojokun, Journal of Business Research, Volume 2, Number 7, July 2004, pp. 65-67
- Ago K. M. Quaye, A Multivariate Probit Analysis of Selected Factors Influencing Electronic Commerce Adoption in Organizations, with A. A. Adekoya, Journal of International Technology and Information Management (IJTIM), Vol. 11, No. 2, Winter 2003.
- Ago K. M. Quaye, Level of Contribution of Programming Language Courses to the Undergraduate Curriculum Information Systems Preparation: An Exploratory Study, with A. Adekoya North Central Business Journal, Summer-Fall 2000, Vol 1, Issue 7, pp.43-
- Ago K. M. Quaye with Nwojo N. Agwu, “Impact of Deploying an Enterprise Computing System in a Developing Economy”, 9th Pascal International Observatory Conference, December 1-3, 2010, University of Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana.
- Ago K M Quaye with, Emmanuel E Sharndama, “The Influence of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) on Intercultural Communication”, African Council for Communication Education (AACE) Conference, October 11 – 15, 2010, American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State.
- Ago K M Quaye, with N N Agwu and Philip Oni, “Information Technology Imperatives and Attendant Security Issues for Implementing E-Voting in Developing Economies: The Case of Ghana and Nigeria” , African Council for Communication Education (AACE) Conference, October 11 – 15, 2010, American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State.
- Ago Quaye, with Ukpe, Emmanuel Anele Nwokoma and Lawrence Oborkhale “Workforce Preparation: Free Vocational Information Technology Training. Journal for Information & Communications Technology http://www.jict.co.uk/volume-2-issue-3-march-2012
- Ago Quaye with Ukpe, Emmanuel: Information & Communication Technology & Food Security : Conference Proceeding: 7th National conference of National Association for Science, Humanities and Education Research
- Ago Quaye with Ukpe, Emmanuel : The Use of ICT in Disaster Management: Jos Case Study Conference Proceeding: 8th National conference of National Association for Science, Humanities and Education Research
- Ago Quaye with Ukpe, Emmanuel, , “ICT Applications as e-health Solutions in Rural Nigeria” Proceedings: The 21st IEE Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2010) Istanbul, Turkey
- Ago Quaye with Ukpe, Emmanuel, Nwojo Agwu, “The Role of ICT in Ensuring Food Security- A Nigerian Case Study” Proceedings: 5th International Conference on ICT for Development and Education, Nepal.
- Ago Quaye with Ukpe, Emmanuel, “Information Technology Governance and Control: Developing country case studies. Proceedings: for IEEE conference in Boston, USA.
- Ago Quaye with Ukpe, Emmanuel “Importance of Information Technology on Education in Rural Nigeria” Proceedings: The Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) 2011 National Collegiate Conference Orlando, Florida USA.
- Odinma, A O, Nwojo N. Agwu, and Ago K. M. Quaye, Building Skilled Human Capacity in Engineering for Sustainable National Development. NSE Proceedings, 2007.
- Quaye A. K. M., Ikem, F. and Adekoya Adeyemi, An Approach to Planning for Modern Information Professionals (MIPs) requirements: Implications for Technology Transfer in Africa. Proceedings of the 2004 ABR Conference in San Juan PR
- Quaye A. K. M., Ikem, F. and Eyob, Ephrem, Database Approach to Supply Chain Management. Proceedings of the 2004 ABR Conference in San Juan PR
- Quaye A. K. M. Enhancing Information Technology (IT) Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences for Teachers and Students From Underrepresented Minority groups, with Eyob. E, Ikem, F., and Omojokun, Proceedings of the 2004 ABR Conference in San Juan PR
- Quaye A. K. M., Application of Influence Diagrams in Go/No Go Decisions, 5th International Conference of IAABD, April 7-10, 2004 Atlanta Georgia.
- Quaye, A K M., Influence Diagram Approach to Faculty Evaluation. Conference on Teaching and Learning, Orlando FL Jan 2004
- Adekoya A. A, Bada, A. O., and Quaye Ago K. M. Factors Promoting the Successful Implementation of Information Technology (IT) In Developing Countries: The Nigerian Case Study. Proceedings of the 2002 International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering (IKE '02), Las Vegas, Nevada, June 2002, (Eds) H.R. Arabnia, Y. Mun, & B. Prasad. CSREA Press
- Bada, A., Adekoya, A., & Quaye, A. The role of cultural persistence in IT-based reorganization of the Nigerian Banking System: A study on Culture, Globalization and Developing Countries. Proceedings of the 2002 International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering (IKE '02), Las Vegas, Nevada, June 2002, (Eds) H.R. Arabnia, Y. Mun, & B. Prasad. CSREA Press
- Adekoya, A. A., and Quaye, A. K. M. An approach to planning for Modern Information Professionals (MIPs) requirements: Implications for the developing world International Association for African Business and Development, Washington, DC April 4-10, 2001.
- Adekoya, A. A., Ikem, Fidelis, and Quaye, A. K. M. An approach to planning for modern information professionals (MIPs) requirements: An Exploratory Study Ghana Computer Literacy (GHACLAD) Conference, June 2000, Accra, Ghana, W. Africa
- Adekoya, A. A., Ikem, Fidelis, and Quaye, A. K. M. Teaching Electronic Commerce (E- Proceedings of the National Association of African-American Studies and Commerce ) in Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Promises and Prospects Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies (NAHLS) Annual Conference, Houston, TX (1999)
- Quaye, A. K. M. Reengineering Higher Education in Africa through Distance Education, Presented at the First Ghana Computer Literacy (GHACLAD) Conference, May 1998, Accra, Ghana, W. Africa.
- Adekoya A. A and Ago K. M. Quaye, An Investigation of the Level of Contribution of Programming Language Courses to Undergraduate Information Systems Preparation: An Exploratory Study. Proceedings of the SE Decision Sciences Institute, February 1998, Roanoke