The AUN Alumni Association (AUNAA) was inaugurated on November 20, 2010 during AUN's 5th Founder’s Day ceremony.
The mission of the American University of Nigeria Alumni Association (AUNAA) is to communicate with and actively support the goals of the University, as detailed in its mission statement.
Its objectives include promoting and providing services for the American University of Nigeria and its alumni. The AUNAA also works to foster continuous personal and professional growth, and ensure that the University fulfills its mission as a "Development University".
- Promotes and provides services for the American University of Nigeria and its alumni by encouraging their continuous growth both personally and professionally;
- assists in student recruitment;
- donates gifts to the University and promotes the culture of giving back;
- recognizes the distinguished services of its alumni;
- compiles and maintains a history of the American University of Nigeria;
- fosters a spirit of loyalty among graduates, University stakeholders, administrators, faculty, staff, and students;
- initiates and supports activities in a cooperative spirit, which will enhance and benefit the relationship between the University and the members of the Association;
- encourages alumni to grow by serving their country, and
- develops and maintains active alumni interactions, while enhancing the image of the American University of Nigeria through self-enrichment, career development, and mentoring.
The AUNAA is a non-political and non-profit organization.