Permit to Study

Permit to Study (Study Abroad)
An enrolled student who plans to take courses at another college or University (either domestically or internationally) for transfer credit to AUN must be in good academic standing and have a solid record of good conduct. Permits to Study may not be authorized for courses at non-accredited four-year institutions and all AUN Transfer of Credit policies pertain.
Prior to study at another institution, students must receive approval from their Dean, their Department Chair, Academic Advising and the Registrar using the 'Permit to Study' form.  With proper approvals in place, transfer credit can be applied to both major and general education requirements when appropriate.
Students intending to study outside of the country must be in close communication with the Study Abroad Director regarding application requirements and arrangements with the host University.
Upon return to AUN, students must submit an official transcript to the Office of the Registrar.  The official transcript must be sent directly from the other institution to AUN. The transcript will be evaluated and authenticated.  The student will be notified of accepted transfer credits and course equivalents via AUN e-mail. Only those courses that were previously approved on the Permit to Study form will transfer.

American University of Nigeria
98 Lamido Zubairu Way
Yola Township bypass
PMB 2250, Yola
Adamawa State, Nigeria

Tel: +234 805 200 2962



Privacy Policy


Copyright © 2018 American University of Nigeria. All Rights Reserved.