Adetoro O. David
Ph.D, Law, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Assistant Professor of Law
David Oluwadare Adetoro is a solicitor and barrister with robust knowledge of the natural resource (oil, gas, mining and electricity) industry. Adetoro was educated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom; he attended both Obafemi Awolowo University (LL.B) Ile-Ife and University of Lagos (LL.M) before undertaking further higher degrees at the Center for Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy (LL.M) at the University of Dundee and completed his doctoral degree at the prestigious School of Law of the University of Glasgow. His doctoral thesis was on competition/antitrust policy and natural resources: ‘The Nexus between Competition Policy and Resource Utilization: What are the Challenging Implications for Development in Nigeria?’
Immediately after his doctorate degree, he was employed as a research consultant at Mildwaters Consulting LLP. He has extensive knowledge of the legal, regulatory and business environment in Africa. In addition to practice experience, he also has extensive consulting and advisory experience involving transnational transactions.
- Legal Methods
- Society & Development
- Public International Law
- Competition (Antitrust) Policy
- Oil and Gas
- Natural Resources and Regulation
- Nigerian Bar Association, Nigerian Association of Law Teachers
- David O. Adetoro, et.al., ‘Social Media, the Law and Freedom of Expression: Latitudes and Limits’, 2018, Conference Proceedings of the 51st National Association of Law Teachers, NALT, Abuja.
- D.O Adetoro, Competition Policy and Resource Utilization: An Agenda for Resource-Dependent Developing Countries, Newcastle, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2016