Usman S. Habib
LL.M, Law and Technology, Tilburg, Netherlands
Habib attended University of Maiduguri from 1998- 2004 where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Common Law & Sharia (LL.B & Sharia). Thereafter he proceeded to the Nigerian Law School for a one-year professional training. Habib was called to the Nigerian Bar as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2006.
Habib was in private practice between 2006-2010, until he took up a teaching appointment with Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola as Assistant Lecturer. His responsibilities at Modibbo Adama University of Technology include teaching and offering legal advice on student discipline. In 2013, Habib secured admission at Tilburg University in the Netherlands for a postgraduate studies in Law and Technology. After graduation, he served in various capacity as legal adviser to many organisations on a voluntary basis.
Habib joined AUN in August 2017 as an Instructor at the School of Law. He is currently conducting research on the development of climate change adaptation laws in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa in the context of transnational climate law and governance at the North West University, Potchefstroom- South Africa.
- Constitutional Law
- Labor Law & Employment Relations
- Medical Law & Ethics
- Application of Computers to Legal Studies
- Information Technology
- Climate Change Law
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Nigerian Association of Law Teachers
- Member, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Usman H.S, (2019); Regulating Unsolicited Messages: A Call for Hybrid Approach, Miyetti Quarterly Law Review, Vol. 4, Issue 1, Pp 11-32.
- Usman, Habib S., (2019) Cookies: A Tool for Optimizing Web Experience or an Affront to the Right of Privacy? Being a seminar presented at the School of Law, American University of Nigeria, March 15, 2019. Available at:
- Adetoro, D., Adelakun, O. and Usman, H. (2018). Social Media, the Law and Freedom of Expression: Latitudes and Limits. in Chiroma I.H & Dadem Y.Y: Law, Justice and Society.Abuja: Nigerian Association of Law Teachers, pp.203-216.
- USMAN, Habib S., (2018) Internet network neutrality in Nigeria: The need to borrow a leaf from the United States legal framework? Being a seminar presented at the School of Law, American University of Nigeria, November 16 th, 2018. Available at;http://digitallibrary.aun.edu.ng:8080/xmlui/handle/123456789/556.
- Usman, H. S. & Suman, A. B., (2018) 'The Value of a Human Rights-Based Approach to the Climate Change Mitigation Policy. 'in Daniels, J.A. (Ed) "Advances in Environmental Research", Volume 63. New York: Nova Science Publishers. ISBN: 978-1-53613-918-1. https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_29&products_id=64957.
- Usman Habib Sani (2018) 'The nature and extent of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Liability in the European Union: Lessons for Nigerian Regulators', Miyetti Quarterly Law Review, 3(1), Pp 37-65. https://miyettilaw.smemarkethub.com/products/207044/mqlr-volume-3-issue-1-march-2018/.
- Usman, H. S. (2017) 'Guideline on Internet Service Providers’ (ISPs) Liability Regime in The United States', in Ahmadu, M.L. (ed.) Perspectives on Nigerian Law. Sokoto: Usmanu Danfodio University Press. ISBN: 978-978-963-557-3.
- Regulating Unsolicited Emails: A Call for Hybrid Approach? Being a seminar presented at the School of Law, American University of Nigeria, February 23rd, 2018. Available at; http://digitallibrary.aun.edu.ng:8080/xmlui/handle/123456789/438.
- Usman, H.S. (2015). Terminator technology in Nigeria; where moral rights clashes with business innovation. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Innovation (ISSN: 2454-7204): Volume 1. Issue 2, pp 40-54.
- Usman, H.S. (2014). Implicate the middleman? The strength and weakness of the "Good Samaritan Doctrine" in providing a legal shield for Internet Service Providers (ISPs) against the liability of third party contents. Master Thesis; Degree Granted by Tilburg University. Available at http://arno.uvt.nl/show.cgi?fid=134402.