- Hits: 0 AUN begins fresh admissions into MSc, PhD programmes
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) has resumed admissions for qualified candidates seeking graduate degrees and diploma in the School of Business & Entrepreneurship (SBE).
- Hits: 0 AUN brightens graduates’ chance of employment
The possibility of graduates of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State to easily secure jobs received boost recently, as the institution said it would sustain and improve on a platform that has brought its products directly in contact with employers for eight years. - NATIONAL MIRROR
- Hits: 0 AUN Gets NUC Accreditation for MSc/PhD In Computer Science, Information Systems
The American University of Nigeria has received approval from the National Universities Commission to offer PhD and Master’s courses in Information Systems and Computer Science beginning in the 2015/16 academic session.
- Hits: 0 Rampaging Fulani herdsmen: The looming tragedy
There is no love lost between farmers and herdsmen in many parts of the country. For quite some time now, the media have been inundated with reports of conflict after conflict between farmers and herdsmen in different parts of the country and at the end of the day, several innocent lives are lost, farms and cattle destroyed.
- Hits: 0 Girl who escaped Boko Haram calls for forgiveness, says 'they don't know what they're doing'
Almost a year ago more than 250 girls were captured by Boko Haram from a school in Chibok village, in north-eastern Nigeria.
- Hits: 0 Norwegian envoy to speak at AUN lecture
The Norwegian Ambassador to Nigeria, Rolf Ree, will deliver the American University of Nigeria Diplomatic Lecture Series on March 19. - THE PUNCH
- Hits: 0 AUN feeds 270,000 IDPS, plans to do more – President
Since the AUN and Adamawa Peace Makers Initiative took relief materials to IDPs to Mubi and environs, the university has followed up in rallying relief materials and much needed food and aid through local organisations to families and neighbourhoods around Yola, Jimeta, Vinukuland, Sangare, Bole, Damare and every other part of Adamawa State. - THE EAGLE
- Hits: 0 University feeds 270,000 taking refuge from Boko Haram
The university feeds families in a town inundated with people made refugees by Boko Haram violence - BBC NEWS
- Hits: 0 The Face of Hunger in Northeastern Nigeria
This picture is the face of hunger in Northeastern Nigeria: A three year old girl on the ground, gathering single grains of rice and maize from the floor where they had dropped out of bags of food. - HUFFINGTON POST
- Hits: 0 Join the success story, AUN tells fresh students
Authorities of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State, have urged their fresh students to be part of the university’s transformation story. - THE PUNCH
- Hits: 0 Chibok girls who escaped Boko Haram defy militants by returning to school
Left to fend for themselves by the government, the traumatised schoolgirls a second chance at education thanks to one determined Nigerian woman - THE GUARDIAN
- Hits: 0 Top Indian Business Scholar, Sapovadia, Joins American University of Nigeria
A renowned academic and Founder of India’s Shanti Business School, Dr. Vrajal Sapovadia, has joined the American University of Nigeria as an Assistant Dean in the School of Business & Entrepreneurship with effect from spring 2015 semester. - DAILY REVIEW
- Hits: 0 $1 Million Hult Prize: American University of Nigeria Advances To Regional Finals
The American University of Nigeria has advanced to the regional finals of the sixth annual Hult Prize, whose winners will receive $1,000,000 in startup funding. This year there were more than 4,000 applications from among which the AUN team of Hafsat Adamu, Blessing Douglas, and Lucy Okonkwo was offered a place to compete. AUN’s team was the only one from Nigeria to advance to the Dubai stage of the competition. - VIVIPEDIA
- Hits: 0 Swiss Ambassador to Nigeria delivers lecture at AUN
The Ambassador of Switzerland to Nigeria, His Excellency Hans-Rudolph Hodel, will speak on democracy, federalism and confederation on Thursday at the American University of Nigeria. - THE EAGLE ONLINE
- Hits: 0 AUN president blames Africa’s under-development on poor education
THE President, American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola, Dr. Margee Ensign, has blamed the massive poverty and under- development in Nigeria and other African countries on poor quality education and lack of paying attention to women’s education. - THE GUARDIAN
- Hits: 0 AUN offers special programme for Chibok girls
Yola, Jan. 19, 2015 (NAN) The American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola, has commenced a special education programme for 21 Chibok girls under its scholarship programme.
- Hits: 0 Jama’atu Nasril Islam Honors AUN President Ensign
The women’s wing of the Muslim aid group, Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), has presented the President of American University of Nigeria, Dr. Margee Ensign, with a plaque and a certificate of merit, in recognition of her contributions to the education of women and service to humanity. - NEWSDAIRY
- Hits: 0 How AUN’s Entrepreneurship Project is Changing Lives in Adamawa’s Rural Community
Creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship have been identified as sure routes to self-empowerment and prosperity for rural communities all over the world. While universities as centers of research and business idea incubation are creating a synergy between creativity and entrepreneurship, Nigerian universities have been slow in fostering this vital energy link and in the process, delaying the country’s techno-industrial takeoff. - THISDAY
- Hits: 0 I feel privileged heading a university in Nigeria – Prof Ensign
Professor Margee Ensign is President of the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola who had previously run for Congress in the United States of America. In this interview she speaks about her being an educationist, and the AUN’s impact in its environment, among other issues. - DAILY TURST
- Hits: 0 AUN’s Showcase of e-Learning Tools Draws Adamawa’s Tech Elite
Technology enthusiasts in Adamawa state are thrilled by the American University of Nigeria’s demonstrable commitment to community-wide sharing of knowledge, especially in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT). - THISDAY