- Hits: 0 Why Nigerian military has difficulty getting arms from America - U.S. govt.
The American government has given insight into why the Nigerian military is facing difficulty procuring arms from the United States to combat the extremist Boko Haram sect wreaking havoc in Nigeria’s North East region. - PREMIUM TIMES
- Hits: 0 Boko Haram insurgency tearing Nigerian families apart
At a camp for displaced people in the north-eastern Nigerian city of Yola, survivors of the recent attacks in the north of Adamawa state are scarred by what they have witnessed. - BBC
- Hits: 0 Internally displaced persons: Relief at last, courtesy of AUN
A MAJOR disturbing fallout of the on-going war against insurgents in the North East of Nigeria is the worsening crisis of internally displaced persons, IDPs. - Vanguard
- Hits: 0 American University of Nigeria Says 15, Not Six Chibok Girls on Scholarship
Contrary to earlier reports that six Chibok girls are on scholarship at the Atiku Abubakar-owned American University of Nigeria (AUN), the school yesterday clarified the issue, stating that the actual figure is 15. - THISDAY
- Hits: 0 AUN Donates Foods, Books to Displaced Persons in Yola
Faculty, staff and students of the American University of Nigeria (AUN) yesterday distributed emergency relief aid to Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) at the St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Jimeta, Adamawa state.
- Hits: 0 Award-Winning Canadian Documentary Filmmaker Joins American University of Nigeria
A top Canadian communication expert, Don North, has joined the faculty of the American University of Nigeria’s School of Arts & Sciences this Fall to teach in the Communications & Multimedia Design programme, the university has announced.
- Hits: 0 Award-Winning Canadian Filmmaker Joins AUN
A top Canadian communication expert, Professor Don North, has joined the faculty of the American University of Nigeria’s (AUN) School of Arts and Sciences to teach in the Communications and Multimedia Design programme. - DAILYTRUST
- Hits: 0 Researchers advocate community-driven agric devt model
The Federal Government and other development stakeholders had consistently implemented the classical model of development—a top-down strategy that trickles down from a central policy-making body to the rural communities which has not helped in poverty alleviation as envisaged. - VANGUARD
- Hits: 0 AUN constructs plastic roads
Stories abound of innocent people who met untimely death at the hands of criminals, vehicles with their lifespan cut short all due to bad roads. Along the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway in Lagos, it is not uncommoon to see two or more heavy duty trucks laden with goods from the ports lying prostrate on the road and causing commuters untold hardship, no thanks to potholes. - VANGURAD
- Hits: 0 Boko Haram: AUN to Provide Scholarships for Escaped Abducted Girls
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) has announced the formation of the American University of Nigeria Foundation and the launch of the #EducateOurGirls campaign to provide full scholarships to the young Nigerian girls who escaped from being kidnapped by Boko Haram. - DAILY TIMES
- Hits: 0 Solving Africa’s challenges remains our mission – AUN president
The President, American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State, Dr. Margee Ensign, says the university is committed to solving the developmental challenges in Nigeria and the Africa. - THE PUNCH
- Hits: 0 Not Army, Not Police: Only Education, Hope Can Stop Boko Haram - Ensign
Nigeria will have to employ non-military tactics, like providing education and employment to youths if the Boko Haram menace is to be stopped. - PREMIUM TIMES
- Hits: 0 Pan-Atlantic University Understudies AUN’s Home-grown Software Module
A three-member team from the Pan-Atlantic University has visited the Yola campus of the American University of Nigeria. Mrs. Rosemary Okolo, Registrar; Nnamdi Nwokoye, Director of ICT and Kingsley Ukaoha, Director of Student Affairs, were on a factfinding mission to study the operations of the OpenERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) module in use at AUN.- THISDAY
- Hits: 0 New Florida University Unveils Bookless Library
Florida’s newest public university—Florida Polytechnic University (FPU)—is so new it doesn’t even have accreditation yet. Its mission is to educate students in the STEM fields, and Chief Information Officer Tom Hull describes it as part of a future “Silicon Valley East” between Orlando and Tampa. FPU features a lot of innovative, not to say controversial, departures from tradition, including a no-tenure model for its 26 newly hired professors and a library without physical books.
- Hits: 0 How to End Boko Haram Insurgency in Nigeria – AUN President, Ensign
The President of American University in Nigeria, based in Yola, Adamawa state, Margee Ensign, has offered a three pronged approach to end the deadly Boko Haram insurgency ravaging north-east Nigeria. - PREMIUM TIMES
- Hits: 0 Poor WAEC Results: Additional 200,000 Teachers Needed – AUN President, Experts
In reaction to the recent mass failure of candidates in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), in which 70% were said to have failed, the president, American University of Nigeria (AUN), Prof Margee Ensign has said that rather than apportion blames, the root of the problem should be tackled.
- Hits: 0 AUN President Laments High Number Of Out-Of-School Children
President of American University of Nigeria (AUN), Margee Ensign, has expressed worry over the number of Nigerian children who are out-of-school and asserted that it is a problem that must not be taken lightly.
- Hits: 0 Pan-Atlantic University Team Understudies AUN’s Home-grown Software Module
A THREE-MEMBER team from the Pan-Atlantic University comprising Mrs. Rosemary Okolo, (Registrar), Nnamdi Nwokoye (Director of ICT), and Kingsley Ukaoha (Director of Student Affairs) has visited the Yola campus of the American University of Nigeria on a fact- finding mission, studied the operations of the Open ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) module, an information management system that integrates all the different departments in the school into a single software, improving flexibility in management and administration system being used in the university. - GUARDIAN
- Hits: 0 AUN’s Example In Community
The once fabled synergy between town and gown is manifesting itself in a practical way in Yola, the Adamawa State capital. The American University of Nigeria (AUN) has adopted community service as one of the ways of bringing peace to that troubled north-east state. This process has seen the university, which started as an elite institution, impacting positively on its host community’s environment.
- Hits: 0 Irish Ambassador joins American University of Nigeria Faculty
The Ambassador of the Republic of Ireland to Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Fay, will be joining the American University of Nigeria as a faculty member at the end of his diplomatic service in August, 2014.