School of Business & Entrepreneurship
Transforming subsistence and smallholder agriculture into agribusiness is the cornerstone of the economic development agenda of Nigeria and Africa in general, and is the current focus of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship.
Contemporary commercial agriculture must be practiced as business, and underpinned by entrepreneurship and the application of new knowledge and productivity-enhancing innovative technologies. The departure from subsistence/smallholder agriculture to integrated agribusiness value chains requires investment in education and training to produce a new cadre of human resources with the skills and experiential learning to manage and operate the complex business of growing, handling, processing and delivering quality and safe agro-industrial products to both local and global markets.
The B.Sc. Agribusiness Management therefore plays a crucial role in filling the knowledge gap in Agricultural Management. Students of the program will be taught to apply business theories and practices to the agricultural industry to lower costs, boost profits and ensure that farm or food products are grown and distributed effectively.
Graduates of the B.Sc. Agribusiness Management will go on to occupy positions in management, finance or marketing in the agricultural industry. They will occupy specific positions such as farm business manager, commodities broker, financial analyst, and livestock manager etc.
- ACC 201: Principles of Financial Accounting (3)
- ACC 202: Principles of Managerial Accounting (3)
- BUS 101: Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 310: Business Statistics (3)
- FIN 201: Business Finance (3)
- MGT 201: Principles of Management (3)
- MGT 301: Organizational/Administrative Behavior (3)
- MGT 360: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility (3)
- MGT 406: Business Policy & Strategy (3)
- MKT 201: Principles of Marketing (3)
- QBA 201: Quantitative Business Analysis (3)
- QBA 202: Operations Management (3)
- QBA 411: Research Methodology (3)
- QBA 412: Research Project (3)
- QBA 465: Business Analytics and IT (3)
- MAT 210 or MAT 211: Calculus I or Calculus II (3)
Students are also required to successfully complete all eight (8) technical courses as listed below:
- ABM 300: Managerial Agricultural Economics (3)
- ABM 301: Principles of Crop Production (3)
- ABM 302: Farm Practice and Management (3)
- ABM 303: Introduction to Livestock Production Systems (3)
- ABM 401: Managerial Strategies in Agribusiness (3)
- ABM 402: Financial Management in Agriculture (3)
- ABM 403: Export Management & International Business (3)
- ABM 404: Commodity Price and Risk Management (3)
2020/2021 Annual Tuition
Full Time: 4-year average
Visit our admissions page for full application details.
Call: +234 815 969 2478