Dr. Abel Ajibesin joined the American University of Nigeria (AUN) as an instructor. Currently, he is an Associate Professor and has held several academic positions, including the Founding Interim Dean, School of Engineering. He has taught in world-class Universities, including the University of Cape Town, South Africa, Simon Fraser University, Canada, and Pan African University, Institute for Basic Sciences Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), Kenya.
As a visionary leader, he has groomed many high-tech start-ups across a broad range of industries, including Wireless & Telecommunications, Automation, AI, and IoT technology. He has overseen the research, designs, patents, and commercialized engineering products that have impacted millions of lives. He is also a consultant to many organizations including the World Bank, YESSO, 3D Engineering Global Technologies, Teasy International Company Limited, AJISAQ Limited, and Adamawa State Internal Revenue Service (AIRS).
Abel’s academic prowess has been demonstrated through several publications in highly ascribed peer-reviewed international conferences, journal articles, book chapters, and books. In recognition of his contribution to academics, teaching, and research, he is a recipient of many awards, including the prestigious South African Extraordinary Skills in Electrical Engineering. He is a Fellow of the African Scientific Institute (ASI), Founding member, Academy of Computing Sciences (FMACS), Founding Faculty Advisor - AUN-IEEE Student Chapter, Chairman, Board of Trustees, AJISAQ LTD., Distinguished NEF & Alumnus/Ambassador of prestigious AIMS, and Founding Editor-in-Chief, African Journal of Undergraduates & Researchers.
Abel earned a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa, and another in Computer Science from Moddibo Adama University, Nigeria. Also, he earned a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from UCT. His first degree was in Computer Science where he graduated with First Class Honours from Olabisi Onabanjo University, after which he got a fully-funded scholarship to study a specialized Postgraduate program at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) / Stellenbosch University (SU) in Cape Town, South Africa. He is also a holder of many professional certificates.
CSC 406: Internet of Things
INF 472: LAN Administration
CSC 301: Systems Programming
Latest Research / Publications:
- Feyisayo Victoria Adams, Ajibesin A.A, Ojo Fayom, and Oluwagbenga T. Johnson. Book on “Engineering Innovation for Addressing Societal Challenges”. Trans Tech Publications Ltd., Kapellweg 8 CH-8806 Baech, Switzerland, 2021, ISBN(softcover): 978-3-0357-1796-9 ISBN(eBook): 978-3-0357-3796-7
- Ajibesin A.A and Ahmed Tijjani Ishaq, “Application of IoT Technology in the Design and Construction of an Android Based Smart Home System”, Book Chapter in Book Disruptive Technologies for Society 5.0: Exploration of New Ideas, Techniques, and Tools. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2021.
- Ahmed Aliyu, and Ajibesin A.A. “Performance of Modulation Techniques over AWGN and Multipath Fading Channels.” Journal of Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 107, Trans Tech Publications, Ltd., June 2021, pp. 182–193.
- Nachandiya, Ajibesin A.A, O. B. Longe, and B.F. Dama, “Design and Implementation of MHealth App Using Zoho Creator.” Journal of Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 107, Trans Tech Publications, Ltd., June 2021, pp. 159–173.
- Jirnadu Theman Ibrahim and Ajibesin A.A. “Comparative Analysis of QAM Modulation Techniques over AWGN and Fading Channels.” Journal of Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 107, Trans Tech Publications, Ltd., June 2021, pp. 194–200.
- Ajibesin A.Aand Ahmed T. Ishaq, “Performance Evaluation of Mobile Network Operators Based on Input-Oriented Constant Return to Scale Model”, International Journal of E-Services and Mobile Applications (IJESMA): Volume 14, Issue 1, Article 2, 2022.
- Yakubu Ernest Nwuku, Ajibesin A.A, and Ahmed T. Ishaq, “A Comprehensive Analysis of Proactive and Reactive MANET Routing Protocols Using Ns3, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences Technology, Volume 3(1), 2021.
- Ajibesin A.A, Muhammadou Kah, Samaila P. Hamajauda, “Performance of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing in Ring MAN with Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier Using Optisystem”, Proceedings, Pan African International Conference on Science, Computing and Telecommunications, March 2019, Swaziland, Pg. 360 – 364.
- Ajibesin A.A, Muhammadou O. Kah, Ahmed T. Ishaq, Caleb A. Ajibesin, “Performance Analysis of Topology and Destination Based Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad-Hoc Wireless Network Using NS2”, 13th IEEE International Conference on Application of Information and Communication Technologies (AICT2019), October 2019, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Attahir Rabiu, Ajibesin A.A., and Emmanuel Nicholas, “IoT Based Body Area Network for Health Monitoring” in Springer Nature research book Series, 2021. (Accepted).
- Ajibesin A.A, and Precious Diden, “Investigating the Integration of Quality Management Systems into Management Information Systems – Case Study in Nigeria”, International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management (IJRCM), 2021. (Accepted).
- Ajibesin A.A. and Ahmed T. Ishaq, “Performance evaluation of reactive and proactive based routing protocols in MANET under black hole attack using NS3”, World Journal of Engineering, 2021. (Accepted).
Founding member, Academy of Computing Sciences (FMACS)
Founding Faculty Advisor - AUN-IEEE Student Chapter
Chairman, Board of Trustee, AJISAQ LTD
Distinguished NEF & Alumnus/Ambassador of prestigious AIMS
Founding Editor-in-Chief, African Journal of Undergraduates & Researchers