Professor Alkasum Abba, a member of the Governing Council of the American University of Nigeria (AUN) has donated 22 books to the AUN Library.
Even though the Robert Pastor library already features a state-of-the-art digital repository and rows of hard copies stacked ceiling-high, this bequest will bolster underserved information sources says University Librarian, Benson Ali.
“ I am highly excited to receive books of local contents that are not easy to come by, the receipt of such rare materials is timely given the challenges our researchers face in accessing these resources. I want to assure the donor that the Library will ensure that the resources are maximally used for the purpose for which they were donated. I wish that others will play a similar role to ensure the academic growth of AUN”. He said.
Indeed Professor Abba is not only vested in AUN’s advancement, but also the development of the Nigerian education sector. He has built an admirable portfolio with years of service beginning at the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU). Professor Abba received his MA and Ph.D. in History from ABU. He was a non-degree research student at the School of Oriental and African Studies, the University of London in 1989/1990. He became Sole Administrator and later Vice-Chancellor of Adamawa State University, Mubi, 2007-2014.
Professor Alkasum Abba has written and edited several books and articles. Among them is the History of Yola, 1809-1914; The Northern Elements Progressive Union and the Politics of Radical Nationalism in Nigeria, 1938-1960; The Politics of Mallam Aminu Kano, etc.
The AUN community is grateful for his generous donation within just a few months of his joining the University’s Governing Council. This is no doubt a precursor of many more great things to come from the erudite Professor.
- Sultans of Sokoto – 2 copies
- Principles of Leadership – 2 copies
- Obasanjo: Democracy & Election Rigging in Nigeria – 2 copies
- The Right to Choose – 2 copies
- Democracy & Corruption in Nigeria – 2 copies
- Minority Report & Draft Constitution for the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1976 - 2 copies
- The Misrepresentation of Nigeria - 3 copies
- The Northern Elements Progressive Union & the Politics of Radical Nationalism in Nigeria 1938 - 1960 - 2 copies
- Adamawa Emirate 1901 - 1965: A Documentary Source Book – 1 copy
- The Transformation of Katsina 1400 - 1883 – 1 copy
- Abuja: The Making of a Capital City 1976 - 2006 - 2 copies
- Urban Youth in Zaria - Eking Out Livelihoods Through Informal Sector Employment – 1copy
Reported By Office Of Communications